Surprise! Here's another #Whole30 Recipe!
WHOLE30 BEEF CABBAGE ROLLS
Follow JC @jcrubiotv, special thanks to him for being a part of this video! •
* 1 head cabbage
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil
* 1 onion, minced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/2 cups grated or riced cauliflower
* 2 pounds ground beef
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* 1/2 onion, minced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tin (28oz.) crushed tomatoes
* 1/4 cup coconut milk
* 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
PREPARE CABBAGE LEAVES
2. Boil whole cabbage in large pot for 2 minutes. Using tongs, peel individual leaves being careful not to tear them. Set leaves aside to dry.
1. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Once hot, sautee onion and minced garlic until onion is soft and just starting to colour.
2. Add riced cauliflower and stir fry for 4-5 minutes and cauliflower is soft.
3. Transfer contents of skillet into a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Add ground beef, eggs, and spices and mix well with clean hands.
1. Add more coconut oil to skillet and sautee onion and minced garlic again. Once soft, add crushed tomatoes, coconut milk, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Spoon a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of a large baking dish.
HOW TO MAKE CABBAGE ROLLS
1. Pat dry any remaining moisture on cabbage leaves. Lay each leaf, rib side down, and spoon about a quarter to a third of a cup of filling into the leaf. Form a cylinder at the bottom edge of the leaf and roll the meat into the leaf, like a burrito. Fold in edges half way down the length of the leaf and continue rolling.
2. Lay each roll, seam side down, in the baking dish.
3. Pour remaining sauce over cabbage rolls and cook in oven for about 1 hour and 40 minutes to 2 hours.