What a blessing today has been! Maxx was honored today to represent Randall Consolidated School as a Peace Mentor. He's was nominated by his 5th grade teachers & was invited to be recognized during the 23rd annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration. We could not be more proud of Maxx. Madi was just beaming with excitement when she found out! (That girl loves her brother.) Maxx is such a blessing to our family & we are so grateful for him & for all of the loving family, friends, our church, coaches & teachers who are all part of helping mold him into the young man he is & the adult he going to be.
Please read these guidelines for becoming a Peace Mentor. I think everyone of us could use these in our everyday lives, not only to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. but God & each other. Maxx we love you so very much!! Thank you for being you!! Love,
Mom-Dad & Madi 2016-2017 Peace Mentor Guidelines What it means to be a peace mentor
1. A student that is a positive role model for his or her peers.
2. A student that actively helps to create a peaceful classroom and learning environment by listening and helping others follow the classroom and school rules.
3. A student that shows kindness, caring and compassion for others, even when it is not easy
4. A student that may help to resolve a conflict with his/her peers without violence or put-downs.
5. A student that practices inclusion regardless of their differences.
6. A student that makes the right choice even when no one is looking.