"You really are the brightest witch of your age..."
#welcometohogwarts for today is "Hermione Granger - a strong female character" and I didn't have a lot of time to plan this morning before work, so I just went with Hermione herself! #stuffandnonsensejune for today is a book that you've read multiple times! And I guess I don't actually have a Harry Potter book in this shot... but I've read the series more times than I remember.
That sparkly red candle in the corner there is the Princess Winter candle from @noxtolumoscandleco! It smells so good and I still haven't burned it (it's been so hot lately candles feel like too much) - but every time I open it up for a photo it fills my room with this amazing sweet apple-y smell! If you'd like to check it out, or any of her other awesome bookish candles, you can use code Alex20 for 20% off!
In celebration of tomorrow's 20th anniversary of the publication of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" I was invited to participate in #HarryPotter20 That means that I am going to do an InstaStory tomorrow that will be all about what Harry Potter means to me. So make sure not to miss it
#Potter20 - Forbidden Forest: Unicorns or Centaurs?
While centaurs do seem interesting, I have always been fascinated by unicorns.
Here are a few fun facts about unicorns in the wizarding world:
• Unicorn hooves are golden
• Unicorns prefer a woman's touch
• Unicorn foals are pure gold
• Voldemort's potion included unicorn blood and snake venom
• Ronan states that when the unicorn is killed, that it is always the innocent that are the first to die
• Wands with unicorn hair cores are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts
• A unicorn was mentioned in a song heard by Newt Scamander and his friends at the speakeasy known as the Blind Pig in 1926 New York