Those days when I'm not at the gym or at work, as you can se, I'm having fun with my bundle of joy.
Making sure I capture every moment with him is #priceless
Words can't describe how much I love him, and would do anything for him #nomatterwhat
Can't wait for the next chapter of my life with this #bigboy and to finally be free of all the bul**** that is around me.
Proud to share every single moment with you and don't care about other people's opinion about it!
My life wouldn't be the same without you , and I would be the person I am if it wasn't for you.
Thank you for making mama happy when she is sad, and thank you for all your love and positive energy.
You are such a happy boy and I'll make sure it stays like that.
With you, anything is possible
You make my so full.
Thankful to call you my son.
Proud to be your mama.
I just posted this in my free "Healthy Kids" group that will be happening for the next 5 days. In there we are also taking about device free options, reward charts, back to school lunches and snacks. Message me or comment below if you want in it.
I love this idea though.... I would probably use ground turkey instead of beef but otherwise these look great. I think it could work as either a lunch to pack in a thermos or snack after school or dinners on the go. Can't wait to try them out before they start school..
TACO POP TARTS
from babble. com
2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (total of 4 pie crusts), at room temperature
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup canned black beans, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Working with one crust at a time, unroll onto your work surface and cut into six 3″ x 4″ rectangles. Repeat with the remaining crusts; cover with a towel to keep from drying out.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until hot but not smoking. Sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until completely cooked through (no pink remaining). Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Add the corn and beans and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool until warm.
4. Place six pie crust rectangles on one of your prepared baking sheets.
5. Top with a spoonful of the beef filling, followed by a handful of shredded cheese.
6. Top with six more crusts and gently press around the edges. Use a fork to crimp and seal; make a few small incisions in the top to allow steam to escape. Brush with some of the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining crusts and fillings.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. .
8. Serve immediately or let cool and freeze for longer storage.
It does take time and effort and it's not easy when you work a full time job then come home and you do everything you can as a mom to make everyone happy. But you know what? It can be done. . I learned that it's all about managing your time and .... skills. As a mom I dedicated my life to my kids and they are everything to me so I make sure they always have a cooked meal to grab from the fridge when I'm not home or when we come home late at night from football practice and there is nothing to eat but cold cuts or other things that are not so nutritious. So I made this my priority and that's to make sure everyone is happy and healthy. I've noticed a huge difference in everyone's moods ever since I've introduced healthy lifestyle in my family life and like they say. "Food affect moods". That's entirely true. I've witnessed it so many times.
As about me!!!! I'm about to pack this stuff in the fridge and just enjoy a good podcast I've been listening for two hours as I was cooking. Got addicted with this nutritionist JJ Virgin I can't stop listening to. She has some good content on podcast and YouTube so don't forget to check her out. And one more thing.... when you start feeling amazing you can't go back to crappy food. #momonamission#momslife#mealprepwednesday#mealprep#eatorganic#plan#feedyourkids#nutrition#jjvirgin#eathealthy#lifeisbeautiful#eatyourgreen#loveyourself#boysmom#football#meal