Do you suffer from back pain? Upper or lower or both? I used to suffer with it a lot due to my scoliosis and flat thoracic (upper spine) I do a lot of things now to keep the pain away and to try and get rid of my sticky outy rib and these little exercises are what I turn to the most. Especially the last one, it's just lush!
1. Use anything to put your legs up on, you're doing this to really let your pelvis relax so just ensure your pelvis feels heavy on the floor. Hold your right wrist above your head, on the exhale slide to your left.
2. Keep the pelvis heavy as you crunch and try to really curl from your ribs. You want to feel an expansion around your upper back as you come up.
3. Take your left hand to the outside of your right thigh. Let that arm guide you towards the right knee.
4. Then straighten your legs and cross your ankles. Now curl up again keep your pelvis heavy.
5. Take your arm over head and with your ankles crossed try to use the work in your inner thighs to engage your lower belly and pelvic floor and use that to go over into halasana. From here you can try to press up into a shoulder stand. Use your feet and legs to lift weight away from your neck.
6. If you struggle to get your legs to the floor this is a better option for you. Use whatever you used at the beginning to put your legs on.
7. Now for the yummy stretch. The only pointers you need are to get yourself into a place where it's comfortable for you to lie back and let gravity take over, then just breathe and relax it's yummy!
Please don't be discouraged if your pain keeps coming back, it does for me too and it's horrible, we just have to take control of the pain and do things to kick it's butt! •