First day squatting in what felt like a lifetime.. I felt so weak! Definitely need to start with consistently squatting again to hold onto that strength I worked so hard for
Thanks to my @1upnutrition Preworkout for getting me through a brutal squat sesh this morning. Can’t train the same without it pick yours up at a discount with code KATIE20
SAN DIAGOOO ♀️ join myself and the rest of the LVFT crew tomorrow for ice cream and a meet and greet at @aftersicecream in pacific beach! 12-2pm see you tomorrow plus try our own mysterious flavor
- @live_fit_apparel x @aftersicecream
Newest obsession: my JVC bluetooth headphones no wires, no mess, no sweaty phone, no tangles. Total game changer. @jvc.headphones.usa
Not to mention a pretty rad holiday gift for all your fitness buffs this year... Santa, you listening?
FACT: preworkout works better when taken on a bike
Back to training after taking a week off and I feel amazing. Had an awesome shoulder workout today with my @1upnutrition pre for her scoop one up, it’s the bombiest they just released their vegan line too! Discount: KATIE20
Also you can still download my training and nutrition eBooks for free using the link in my bio
noun: the willingness to take bold risks.
synonyms: boldness, daring, fearlessness, intrepidity, bravery, courage, heroism, pluck, grit
- @live_fit_apparel crop with matte black aviators and jean jacket katielvft
EXCUSE ME but I need to get something off my chest. Yesterday, I found out that someone–– a TEACHER–– referred to the photos from this shoot as "soft core porn", and used them as an example while teaching a class of young women. This person used them to "teach young women a lesson on what NOT to do with their bodies", saying that it is shameful and a disgrace to share your body in this way on social media, and in general. And here comes my rant:
1. In doing this, you are teaching young women that their bodies are shameful and need to be covered up. That showing skin at all is disgraceful and embarrassing. Is this what we want to teach our young women? Young women who are entering the age where they are becoming more self-conscious of their bodies as is? In a world where society makes us feel like we have to be perfect or else we can't be proud of our bodies? Is this really what we should be teaching our girls? I think not.
2. Body-shaming is a major problem with young women. We all struggle with self-image issues. And to literally body-shame these photos in front of young women makes me sick. You are worsening an issue that is already bad in today's society. Whether it's towards yourself or towards other people, body-shaming is NEVER OKAY. And its especially not okay to teach in a class to young girls. We should be teaching them that their bodies are perfect and beautiful as they are, that they should be proud and feel confident in their own skin.
3. Another lesson this person is getting extremely wrong:!SEXUALIZATION. Let me ask you something. If this was a photo of a man posing, would we be talking about how it's a disgrace? Of course not. But because I am a female and posing without a top (not showing any nudity), it is immediately sexualized and bantered.
These photos represent feeling comfortable in your own skin. Being confident in yourself and not being ashamed of your body or hiding it from the over sexualization of men. These photos are art. And SHAME ON YOU for changing their meaning. I hope all the girls in your class get to read this.
K I'm done. oh let me add it was a FEMALE TEACHER.
GUESS WHAT'S FINALLY HERE? The @1upnutrition VEGAN line! (swipe to see products)
Organic Vegan Protein (Vanilla and Chocolate)
Organic Reds & Greens Superfoods (natural flavor)
Natural BCAA + Glutamine (Peach Guava)
Dropping at 12pm noon EST. That's 9am for you west coasters! You can save on your orders by using code KATIE20 Tag someone who could use these supps!
I AM SO EXCITED! High quality, vegan supplements that work. I'll be doing a full review on the tube as well. More info:
- Open, non-proprietary formulas with Premium Ingredients
- Dosed High and Dosed right
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- No proprietary blends! Full Label Disclosure on website
COMMENT YOUR QUESTIONS I'd be happy to help!
“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we are open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.”
I’ll be discussing this topic on my podcast @cutekatiebug_podcast
Photo peaking by @teamctn
Imagine all the people living life in peace.
You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.
R.I.P. John, your love lives on forever in our hearts. #strawberryfields
"The most precious gift we can offer anyone is our attention. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers."
Thich Nhat Hanh
Being attentive to ourselves is equally as important. Tune into yourself and be attentive to your inner spirit... watch the magic that happens.
Day 6 of not training this week, and it's been really nice to just relax and let my body recover. But I AM starting to miss it. So here's a throwback to when I had a massive pump on shoulder day, my fave.
The supp I'm drinking is from @1upnutrition my current stack is:
• 1Up pre (blue razz)
• Her BCAAs (guava nectarine)
• Make Her Lean fat burner
• Beauty Dream pm fat burner/sleep aid as needed
• L-Carnitine (mango!)
• Pure Rebuild
To save on your order you can use my code KATIE20 comment your questions below!
Ps still giving away my eBooks for free, you can download them through the link in my bio
Taking the week off of the gym because my body seriously needs it. These are the three supps I still brought with me and take on rest days! Recovery supps like pure rebuild and BCAAs are great to take even when you don't train. And the fat burner, make her lean is a daily essential for me as well
Discount on @1upnutrition orders, KATIE20 comment with questions!
What do I like most about being a part of @live_fit_apparel ?
I love being a part of something bigger than myself. Of course I love the apparel–– but the brand is so much more than that. It’s a brand that stands for everything I try to embody in my life–– integrity, loyalty, passion, ambition and drive… all while having the most fun possible. I love the people. Every person involved at @live_fit_apparel , from the athletes, to the CEO @randall_pich , to the media and design team, to the guys packing orders in the warehouse everyday… the sense of community and friendship is so strong and welcoming. I am fortunate enough to call these amazing people my “second family”
Knowing that I have these people in my corner, I feel like I can conquer the world. And you know what’s the best part of it all? WE ARE IN YOUR CORNER, TOO. That’s what is so great about this brand. Since day 1 the main focus has been connecting with YOU. No matter what, that will always be our top priority. #LVFTforever
In honor of hump day here's a little glute work from last week! If you are lucky enough to have this machine in your gym, take advantage!
The supp in my shaker is @1upnutrition the guava nectarine her BCAAs my newest obsession. I always drink BCAAs during training and sometimes in between meals throughout the day! It's a great way to curb that sweet tooth too, try blending it with ice and making a slushy
Discount on all @1upnutrition - KATIE20
→ → →
These photos tell a story. This is art. And I am honored to be a part of it. The purpose of art is to provoke something in the viewer. Confusion, happiness, peace, anger-- it doesn't matter. If a piece of art makes you feel SOMETHING- then it has succeeded. What does this art make you feel? (keep it clean people)
- @paigeafreier x @cutekatiebug