Many clients that were in with me for a facial treatment this week have been affected by the recent weather. Surface dehydration is something I saw a lot of. This is where the right type of exfoliation is important. Certain exfoliating products can cause an already dry skin to become even drier and even cause a little flaking. Try a gentle exfoliator something with enzymes rather than aha's. Better yet, book a facial and let me deal with it
Time for a quick masque befor I head home for the day. The #alumiermd deep moisture mask is a must for a day like today. It helps to infuse moisture into the skin and contains Vitamin B5 to lock in the moisture. Left the eye make up on because I still have to travel home and need some eyes
This is your January, post Christmas, cold weather SOS for your skin. I have picked four products that I regularly go to for banishing dark circles, super hydration and restoring a glowing skin.
1. Jane Iredale facial primer and brighter has anti-aging properties that help yo even skin tone, minimize the appearance of pores and increase skin luminosity.
2. Image Biomolecular Anti-aging Radiance Mask is a sheet mask that is infused with a unique fusion of volcanic water, brightening botanicals, peptides and antioxidants for the ultimate youthful appearance and radiance.
3. Environ Focus Hydrating Serum contains high levels of Hyaluronic acid, a must as the cold weather strips moisture from your skin.
4. AlumierMD Eye Rescue pads are cooling soothing gel pads to rejuvenate the eye area. My current favourite for improving the delicate eye area, fast!
Wouldn't it be great if you could just boomerang your dark circles and wrinkle away! Boomerang might not be the answer, but there are lots of things that you can do to improve the skin around your eye area. Here are my top 3 tips
1. Drinking water and staying hydrated can drastically decrease dehydration lines. I know it seems like an obvious one, but no harm in being reminded.
2. Eye creams/ gels DO help. Just because an eye cream doesn't remove wrinkles, doesn't mean it's not doing anything for the skin. Eye cream's that contain peptides can mimick botox, encourage collagen stimulation and hydrate the skin.
3. #venusfreeze eye treatment introduces radio frequency along with pulsed magnetic energy to stimulate collagen and tighten and tone the skin. This treatment can be used all over face and neck but can be targeted to specific areas also. The only takes 15mins to carry out, is pain free and very relaxing.
This is the only Saturday I have off for the next few weeks, so I am spending the day meal prepping, baking and generally making sure my diet doesn't suffer once I don't have time to cook. These are some of my regular go to recepie books for inspiration. #goodskincomesfromwithin
It's my job to be obsessed with your skin, so you don't have to be. I have been treating skin for 27 years, I know what works and what doesn't. It's time to stop following the latest trends and start really taking the right care of your skin. It's my job to help you get there.
This alginate masque is perfect as part of a facial treatment. As you can see it goes over your eyes and mouth (you can still breath through your nose obviously) It is so cooling and calming, it hydrates the skin, helps dark circles, is anti-inflammatory and feeds your skin. Plus you have the added bonus of not being able to talk or grasp a sneaky look at your phone while the masque is on. Instead it commands that you close your eyes and relax.
We have a lot of exciting new products and treatment being introduced to the Akina menu in 2018. I love researching new ways to treat skin. There are so many innovations in skincare, I am always excited to try new things. I have been trying out this latest innovation from #environskincare and I think it's something you guys are gonna love. It not due to officially launch until February but I am taking pre-orders now for the Electro-sonic DF Mobile Skincare Device.
Wishing you all a happy, healthy and peaceful 2018.
A few quick and final #skintips for 2017 should help you deal tomorrow with any excessfrom tonight. I know its an obvious one but i also know few people drink enough water before they go out. It is key to helping counteracting the effects of alcohol no the skin. Tomorrow morning pop a hydrating sheet masque on for 20mins in the morning before you apply any make up. It will help hide any dehydration. I love #imageskincare rehydration sheet masque. Tomorrow is not a day to forget eye cream, tired eyes will benefit not only from the cream itself but also a gentle massage to help increase blood flow to the area, minimising dark circles.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the New Year xxx