A few people have asked me about Barre & if they can do it with no prior ballet training & the answer is YES!!!!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes!!! So I thought I would start posting a few more barre related posts for those who are interested & would like to try it! If you don't have a barre, no problem!! You can use a chair, a counter top, your bathroom sink etc etc!!
Plié's in 2nd position:
- Singles x8
- Double pulse x8
- Pulses x16
- Alternate heel lifts in plié x8
- Double heel lifts in plié x8
- Double heel pulses in plié x8
- Single rises x8 (keep those legs pulled up as you rise & lower)
- pulses x16
- Keep your shoulders staked over your hips
- Knees over toes in plié & tail bone tucked under
- Back straight (imagine you are sliding down a wall) & shoulders down
- On your rises feel the lift from the ankles up the leg, keep all the toes firmly on the floor & instep over the middle toes - HAVE FUN!!