Five facts about American Samoa..
1. Amazingly, American Samoa is home to only 3 land mammals, all of which are bats! Ps an added bonus, the island doesn't have snakes
2. American Samoa is home to the StarKist Tuna Factory
3. Samoan society is organized according to a chieftain hierarchy called the fa’a Samoa way of life. The system is hereditary. A family chief or matai dictates and organizes familiar activities. Samoan tradition emphasizes a communal lifestyle.
4. The islands are surrounded by coral reefs.
5. The island grows bananas, assorted vegetables, coconuts, taro, breadfruit, yams, copra, pineapples and papayas, rear livestock and produce dairy products here.